Community Based Victim Services
For victims of sexual or domestic violence
To speak to someone about your situation
Suite 210, Vernon Courthouse
Monday – Friday
8:30am to 4:30pm
Community based victim services provides free and confidential services women and men who have experienced violence in an intimate relationship, sexual assault, elder abuse or criminal harassment/stalking.
We provide specialized support for working with the criminal justice system.
- Help understanding the court process
- Court orientation and preparation
- Accompaniment to court and updates on proceedings
- Support to apply for Crime Victim Assistance funding
- Support to write a victim impact statement
- Safety Planning
- Emotional support
- Anonymous reporting of sexual assault
- Services are provided throughout the North Okanagan
We acknowledge that our workplace is within the northern part of the unceded Okanagan First Nation Territory and that many descendants of the Suqnaquinx (Suk‑anok‑can) still live here.
HELP IS AVAILABLE 24/7 INCLUDING HOLIDAYS