Women’s Outreach Program
For women leaving or living with abuse
To speak with someone about your situation
Our outreach worker provides free and confidential mobile support services to women who or are experiencing violence or abuse.
We provide support and information while focusing on your needs and safety.
Services are provided throughout the North Okanagan.
What is Abuse?
Physical abuse includes
- Pushing, shaking, shoving
- Hitting, kicking
- Choking, restraining
- Deprivation of food, sleep
- Forced/unwanted sex or touching
- Stalking, harassment
- Throwing objects
- Using weapons
- Threats to harm you, your children, family, pets or possessions
Other forms of abuse
- Name calling
- Controlling money
- Keeping you from work or school
- Mind games
- Isolating you from friends, family or support services
You are not responsible for your partner’s violence.
We can help you take steps towards by providing individual support, to family court or, help with forms, safety planning, help to find housing or apply income assistance and provide referrals to other services.