Police Based Victim Services
For adult victims of crime including family members and witnesses.
To speak to someone about your situation
Lumby RCMP Detachment
Monday – Saturday
8:30am to 4:30pm
Police Based Victim Services provides free and confidential services to adult victims/witnesses of crime or other traumatic events such as robbery, serious motor vehicle accident, sudden death or suicide, or acute family problems.
This program provides support to anyone impacted by sudden death or tragedy.
- Police-based crisis intervention
- Emotional and practical support
- Safety Planning
- Support to apply for Crime Victim Assistance funding
- Crime prevention information
- Help understanding the court process
- Court orientation and preparation
- Accompaniment to court and updates on proceedings
- Support to write a victim impact statement
- Services are provided throughout the North Okanagan
Adults who have experienced power-based crimes such as relationship violence, sexual assault or criminal harassment are referred to Community Based Victim Services.
Children and youth who have been victims of any crime including child abuse, sexual assault or witnessed domestic violence are referred to Child and Youth Victim Services (Oak Child and Youth Advocacy Centre).
We acknowledge that our workplace is within the northern part of the unceded Okanagan First Nation Territory and that many descendants of the Suqnaquinx (Suk‑anok‑can) still live here.
HELP IS AVAILABLE 24/7 INCLUDING HOLIDAYS