Become a Member Today!
Becoming a Society Member is an excellent way to show your support for the programs that we provide.
Your membership is free of charge.
Interested in becoming a Society Member?
Having a strong membership base is important for our non-profit society. Not only does it raise awareness of the society in the community it also helps us to better engage with individuals like you who share our values and have an interest in the vital work we do.
We, Archway Society for Domestic Peace, operate the local women’s shelter as well as 16 other programs. These include a comprehensive range of services to women, children, men and families from the North Okanagan who have experienced sexual or physical violence. Our programs include victim assistance, free counselling, safe shelter, outreach services for isolated women and families, information, advocacy and educational programs in schools and the community at large. Archway Society also is involved in many community partnerships with other local organizations. We chair the Violence Against Women in Relationships Committee (VAWIR), Sexual Assault Services Committee, Oak Child and Youth Advocacy Centre and the Integrated Case Assessment Team (ICAT).
- Membership helps maintain funding for the valuable programming we offer to women and children.
- Members may receive communications from time to time about special events or convey any big news.
- Members are eligible to vote at the Annual General Meeting that takes place in June of each year.
Becoming a member of Archway Society is an easy way to be involved. It gives you the opportunity to become more informed about the issues, challenges, successes, and associated services available and it gives us the opportunity to build community.
Three Easy Ways to Become an Archway Society Member:
- Complete the Membership Form below.
- Mail the completed membership form to the address on the form.
- Email the completed membership form to email@example.com
When it comes to our goal of transitioning to a future free from violence, the more knowledgeable the community is, the better we can advocate for change.
Society Membership Application:
All Society Memberships are subject to approval by our Board of Directors.